Lexington, Kentucky APRIL 9-11, 2024
FocusIn: High-Performance Culture and Lean Leadership will be held in Lexington, Kentucky. Event accommodations and workshop sessions will be located at the Downtown Lexington Hilton, just 15 minutes away from Lexington Blue Grass Airport (LEX), with planned site visits around the Bluegrass state.
A highlight of the event is the Introduction to TPS Plant Tour at Toyota Kentucky. This will be led by TSSC (Toyota Production System Support Center) and is included as part of your registration amount. For more information, please visit the information page.
Attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from the conference hotel. During the event, ground transportation between venues is provided. Attire during the event is business casual.
Registration - $4,450 per seat
- High Performance Culture Workshop sessions with Mike Hoseus (over 3 days) (Live & Virtual via Zoom)
- Best-Practice Site Visits (Intro to TPS Plant Tour at Toyota Kentucky, and others)
- Select Meals, including a Tour & Tasting at Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Curated course content including a signed copy of Toyota Culture
- Ground transportation during event
- Hotel accommodation included for an additional $500
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK) opened in 1988 and is Toyota’s largest vehicle manufacturing plant in the world. We will be led by TSSC during their Intro to TPS Plant Tour and utilize the network of 100+ suppliers located in Kentucky to arrange best-practice site visits. Mike Hoseus was one of the first few hundred employees at the TMMK facility, and he will share his first-hand experience from 13 years spent working at the plant.
Event Agenda We are pleased to offer a blend of learning experiences
|Tuesday, April 9th
Lean Leadership System Workshop Session
Depart for AMC & Toyota Tour Bus Ride Discussion - Tour
TPS Plant Tour at Toyota Kentucky - led by TSSC
Debrief & Workshop Close
|Wednesday, April 10th
Lean People & Work System
with Mike Hoseus
Lunch & Depart for Plant Tour
Plant Tour at company to be determined
Tour, Tasting, and Dinner at Buffalo Trace Distillery
Return to Hotel & Day 1 Close
|Thursday, April 11th
Plant Tour at Hitachi Astemo
Leading the Lean Management System
High Level Lean Assessment & Present-out
Workshop Sessions with Mike Hoseus
Mike Hoseus will lead workshop sessions based on his firsthand experience as a servant leader and industry executive.
During each workshop session, participants will learn from:
- Group Observations and Question & Answer forums
- Mike Hoseus’ unique perspective as a former corporate leader for 13 years at the Toyota Kentucky plant as Assistant General Manager in Human Resources and Manufacturing
- Group Discussion comparing different elements of Toyota’s engaged workforce and their culture of continuous improvement
Manufacturing Site Visits
See best-practice operations firsthand during the TPS Plant Tour and Toyota Kentucky and learn from supplier development by conducting benchmarking at leading manufacturing companies.
- Gain insight from the operations and management systems of leading companies on the journey of continuous improvement
- Learn from demonstrated operations planning, system flow, and project management in a highly mature supply chain
- Understand the quality-driven relationship between the supplier base and local manufacturers
Group Networking Events & Mixers
We will offer several group events throughout the week with the intent to allow for networking and collaboration between participants. Downtown Lexington offers a variety of restaurants, bars, and entertainment. Given our proximity, we have also included a tour, tasting, and dinner event at Buffalo Trace Distillery - a great opportunity for those who would like to taste a bit of premium, small batch Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey.
Listed in National Geographic Traveler's "50 Best Places of a Lifetime," Kentucky's famed Bluegrass Region is not to be missed. Lexington, Horse Capital of the World, is at the heart of this region of rare beauty.
For more information, please visit www.visitlex.com